The following is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas this week.
1. The Desert National Wildlife Refuge near Las Vegas includes 6 major mountain ranges and 7 different life zones. It was established in 1936 to provide habitat and shelter for desert big horn sheep. It is home to approximately 320 species of birds, 53 species of mammals, 35 species of reptiles, 4 species of amphibians, and more than 500 species of plants.
2. The Road to Reopening Festival will be held on May 14th from 3pm to 7pm in the Amphitheater of the Clark County Government Center. There will be live music, DJs, food trucks, games, freebies and COVID-19 footage.
3. Baseball star Jose Canseco, the WWE Hall of Fame and monster truck star Madus, and Star Wars actor Daniel Logan will be signing autographs during a sports card, toy and collectibles show at the Boulevard Mall this weekend.
4. Liquid Red Las Vegas presents the Pirate Nightmare Masquerade on May 14th at the Artifice in downtown Las Vegas. DJ Morpheus Black will play rock and industrial music. Stage appearances by Guillotina Fatale and Cherrii The Mouth. There will also be a costume contest and talk like a pirate contest. Guests are encouraged to wear pirate clothing. Must be 21 years old.
5. Singer Michael Nugent is back at El Cortez for a series of performances in the Parlor Bar. Nugent will perform on May 14th and 15th from 6pm to 10pm. Nugent will serenade its guests with melodies from the classic “Vegas” era to modern contemporary hits.
6. “Draganza: A wild variety show” takes place every Friday evening in AREA15 in the portal. The show features Alexis Mateo, Coco Montrese, Kahanna Montrese, and special guest Elliott with Two Ts. General admission tickets are $ 20. The doors open at 8 p.m.
7. The Las Vegas Days Parade takes place on May 15th. This year it will be an “inverted” parade where the bands, entries and entertainment will be stationary and the parade spectators will ride through. The parade takes place on Third Street.
8. The Moanin Black Snakes are back in the Sand Dollar on Spring Mountain Road. The Moanin Black Snakes have been voted the best live blues band several times. Founded by Dalton Farmer and Scott E. Rhiner. Admission is free.
9. Las Vegas Elks Lodge is hosting the Las Vegas Exotic Bird Mart from 10 am to 3 pm on May 16 at their lodge on West Charleston Boulevard. Tickets are $ 10. $ 5 for children ages 6 to 12.
10. 6pm is hosting a launch party in Las Vegas for Scotchdale from 12pm to 7pm. May 16. Receive a free drink with a ticket. Enjoy great music and good food during the unique Bacchanal on Sunday afternoon. Reservation needed.
11. DISCOVERY The Children’s Museum’s Royal Tea will take place on May 19th. The annual event raises funds to support educational programs for children and families in southern Nevada. Morning tea starts at 10 a.m. The afternoon tea at 2 p.m. is sold out. A handicraft station will also be set up at the tables, where your little ones can make their own candy necklaces, tissue paper candy floss, ceramic candy and much more.
12. A new show titled “27 – A Musical Adventure” kicks off May 19th at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. It will feature the music of music icons who died at the age of 27 – Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Robert Johnson, Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse. The shows take place Wednesday through Sunday at 8:30 p.m.
13. Wynn Las Vegas is hosting a cocktail hour in its Eastside Lounge from 8pm to 7pm on May 20th in honor of the legendary Desert Inn Hotel and Casino. Mixologist Mariena Mercer Boarini shows how to make vintage-inspired libations like the Atomic Cocktail. In addition, all participants receive their own souvenir recipe cards so that they can cook their favorite cocktails at home!
To submit an article for 13 things, email [email protected] Videos and photos welcome.