The following is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas this week.
1. Las Vegas Aviators will compete against the Sacramento River Cats in a 6-game series from May 6th to 11th. The games will take place at the Las Vegas Ballpark in Downtown Summerlin.
2. The Art Houz Theaters are now open in downtown Las Vegas. See the first and classic film in one of the luxurious theaters and enjoy food and drinks from the restaurant.
3. If you are looking for an experience that will broaden your horizons, read “Wink World: Portals to Infinity” on AREA15. Created by Chris Wink, co-founder of the Blue Man Group.
4. Crimson at Knight opens May 7th at the Red Rock Resort. The lounge has been transformed into the ultimate fan cave with hockey-inspired food and drink. The popup will also show a life-size picture of Marc-Andre Fleury and other team activations inspired by the T-Mobile Arena. It is open every Friday and Saturday and every game day.
Mother’s Day 5th is May 9th and there are many great restaurants in Las Vegas serving mom and wonderful food. Click here for a list.
6. The Motown Extreme Review at the Notoriety Theater in downtown Las Vegas features music from artists such as Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Martha Reeves, the Marvelettes, the Temptations, Diana Ross and the Supremes, and more. The shows take place every Thursday through Sunday at 6 p.m.
7. First Friday is back for Take Two! Back again! May 7th. Given the current COVID-19 requirements, the art walk will allow 250 people in its footprint at a time. The arts walk on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature 35 artists and craftsmen on the first Friday. The food garden and the bar area offer space for 250 visitors at the same time. Guests can register for the event at www.ffflv.org.
8. The Desert Breeze Recreation Center and TruVision Cinema offer a drive-in movie experience on May 7th. The film will be “Onward” and will cost $ 5 per car. Tickets can be purchased in advance.
9. Honey County, a Los Angeles band with Bible Belt roots, will perform in Stoney’s Rockin ‘Country on May 7th and 8th. The latest release is titled “Got It From My Mama”. The show is at 8:30 p.m.
10. Colte Julian will perform in The Underground Speakeasy at the Mob Museum on May 8th. Admission is free and the performances start at 8 p.m. The Underground has an immersive experience from the 1920s, handcrafted cocktails, and a tequila and mezcal-tasting flight for $ 35 in May.
11. Every Tuesday evening there is a Christmas Eve at the JING in Downtown Summerlin. Every week a new vineyard is paired with small bites from head chef Tom Griese. Reservations recommended. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
12. The Super Summer Theater is back with its first production this year entitled “Dino, Judy, Frank & Babs”. The shows take place at their location in the city on Valley View Boulevard. Social distancing and masks required. The shows start on May 13th and last until May 16th.
13. Skye & Stars 6th Annual Stargazing Event will take place on May 15th at Sky Canyon Park on West Skye Canyon Parkway. There will be telescopes, lawn games, music and food trucks.
To submit an article for 13 things, email [email protected] Videos and photos welcome.