LAS VEGAS (KLAS) – Restaurants and bars are preparing for the Cinco de Mayo celebrations on Wednesday, and many predict a customer boom for the day commemorating the victory of an outnumbered Mexican army against the French forces on May 5, 1862 at the Battle of Puebla, and no, this is not Mexico’s Independence Day, which is celebrated on September 16th.
Cinco de Mayo has become an unofficial holiday celebrated even more in the US than in Mexico. 8 News Now has compiled some of the events, celebrations and offers on offer around the Las Vegas Valley. You can scroll down the list here and check for updates again.
SPECIAL EVENTS OF THE COMMUNITY IN THE VALLEY
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Fiesta & Resource Fair; A festival of Hispanic culture, free food, music, traditional folk dancing, games, face painting, piñatas and much more. Free COVID-19 vaccines available. Participation will be:
- Las Vegas Councilor Olivia Diaz
- Clark County Commissioner William McCurdy II
- Per Tempore Isaac Barron, Mayor of the City of North Las Vegas
- The Salvation Army’s meal 1:30 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Fiesta; Viva Zapata’s Mexican Restaurant & Cantina brings mariachis and to-go meals for guests to the Salvation Army location at 35 W. Owens.
CINCO DE MAYO IS AROUND THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY AND OUTSIDE THE STRIP
- Area 15, 5pm, Cinco de Mayo Crawl; Modelo beer and Casamigos margaritas are served in all bars in Area 15. Click here for details.
- Bajamar Seafood & Tacos: All day long Cinco SZN, Baja Tour Tostadas, Michelada tent with 6 USD Michis until the sale, Cinco de Mayo raffle with Pacifico bikes, gift cards and Michelada kits. For more go here.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Launch of the new Margarita flight with four of BJ’s signature margaritas in several locations in the valley.
- Blaze Pizza, Will be giving away more than 50,000 mini-bottles of Tajín in restaurants with pizza orders nationwide on Wednesday while supplies last. Several places in the city. More information can be found here.
- Borracha Mexican Cantina, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m., the celebration of Cinco de Mayo takes place in Borracha !; $ 25 AYCD Casamigos Blanco, live mariachi from 6pm to 8pm and a live DJ from 8pm to 8pm. Located in the Green Valley Ranch. More information can be found here.
- Skull house, All day, Cinco de ¡Mayooo !; Taco & specialty drinks all day including $ 3 tacos and $ 5 fish / shrimp tacos. For more click here.
- Chavelos, 12pm to 8pm, micheladas for Cinco de Mayo, fully stocked indoor and outdoor bar. More about it here.
- Chipotle, until May 7th ChipotleIQ.com quiz game in which 250,000 people can win free voucher codes for a BOGO menu item. These include burritos, tacos, and quesadillas. To participate, visit ChipotleIQ.com until May 7th. Chipotle will be issuing five $ 500 gift cards through its Instagram page on May 5th. Click here to get more information.
- Mrs. Maria Tamales, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Cinco de Mayo celebration; Live mariachi band at the Summerlin location. Two locations. The tables are served based on availability. More about it here.
- El Dorado Cantina, All day, Cinco de Mayo !; $ 5 cazadores margaritas, $ 20 jugs from Modelo Especial. Two locations, more details can be found here.
- The fighter, Start at 12 noon, live music between 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm, Cinco de Mayo at El Luchador Mexican Kitchen & Cantina; Live mariachi and more. Click here for details.
- Crazy ChickenMay 5th only, free bottle of Tapatío; You have to buy 2 tacos al carbon, throw in 3 more for free, and have to order them online to get the 5 ounce bottle of Tapatío. Multiple locations in the Las Vegas Valley. More details can be found here.
- Hello Mexican Cocina + Cantina, 12 noon-noon, Cinco de Mayo; Half-price flights all day, 2 for 1 margaritas and mezcal’ritas (from 12pm to 3pm and 10pm to midnight), Clase Azul’s new limited edition Mezcal Guerrero for US $ 21. The hotel is located in the southern highlands. More information can be found here.
- Hussongs Boca Park, All day. Cinco de Mayo in the cantina; Mariachis from 5pm to 7pm and they’ll be highlighting their new “Skinny Dippin ‘Margarita” for $ 12.95! For more click here.
- Juan’s flaming fajitas & cantina, All Day, 5 Days Cinco Spice up your Cinco with Estrella Jalisco, a pint of Estrella Jalisco and Shot of House Tequila $ 5, Cinco de Mayo Special House Margarita $ 4 at both locations in the Southwest and Henderson. More information can be found here.
- Los Cucos Mexican Cafe, Happy Cinco de Mayo all day; $ 5House Ritas, $ 5 Los Cucos 100% Agave and 110% Proof Tequila Shots and Live Music. More about it here.
- Butterfly, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. on May 6; Live DJ, all day drink specials including $ 4 house margaritas, BOGO on carafes of coconut or lime margaritas, $ 5 recordings of Revel tequila, $ 4 mamitas tequila & sodas, take-out taco kits for 25 dollars.
- More please Taquería and Tequila, 12 noon until late, Cinco de Mayo all day happy hour, drinks and taco specials. For more click here.
- Milpa, until 7 p.m. tacos, ceviches, Mexican corn and CaliFino tequila margaritas. For more click here.
- Panchos, 2 pm-5pm, sizzling Cinco de Mayo Fiesta; To celebrate the Cinco de Mayo, Pancho’s Mexican restaurant is offering happy hour specials on Wednesday May 5th. During the fiesta, the house and the flavored margaritas. The hotel is located in downtown Summerlin.
- Pinches of tacos6 p.m., Cinco de Mayo; $ 5 draft beer, $ 6 margaritas, mechanical bull, and a DJ from 6pm to ??? For further information, click here.
- Salud Mexican Bistro & Tequilería, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Cinco de Mayo – Ladies Night; Live music, bartender selection, tequila flights and tacos in W. Sahara, for more click here.
- Taco Man Grill, 8 am-10pm, burritos, tacos, quesadillas, bowls, platters & more, you can find more information here.
- Tacos & beer, 5 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Party; Beverage specialties, live entertainment and tequila bottle raffle, click here for more.
- Tacotarian, All day, Happy Cinco De Mayo !, specialty drink on 32 ounces. and 64 oz. Margarita jugs, taco boxes with 10 tacos and side dishes as well as guac and salsa to take away. There is also 0.99 cents “Dorados” (dinner only) all day. The specials apply to both locations in the southwest and in the city center. For more click here.
- Taco and taco, Cinco de Mayo at Taco y Taco all day; Specials include $ 2 Carnitas Street Tacos, $ 5 Micheladas, $ 5 Margaritas, $ 5 Cocktails, and $ 3 Draft Beers. Several places around the valley, for more details click here.
- Consist, All day Cinco de Mayo Specials; Specialty food and drink such as $ 5 worth of beer and $ 5 worth of tequila. More information can be found here.
DOWNTOWN LAS VEGAS
- The garden, 5 p.m., doors open for a special celebration of Cinco de Mayo on Wednesday 5th May. Located in the Las Vegas Arts District in downtown Las Vegas.
- Letty is on the Main: May Fifth; The restaurant offers Agave Fields, Maestro Dobel Silver Tequila, fresh lime juice, and a strawberry and mint liquor for $ 10, plus Maestro Dobel Silver shots for $ 5 and a raffle to win a bucket bag. For details, click here.
- MASAAZUL, 4 pm-10pm, Celebration of food, tequila, and live music; Live entertainment starts at 6pm with a mariachi band & Latin rock band “Gravedad”. MASAZUL normally shows up at the Vegas Test Kitchen every Tuesday, but this week it’s postponed to Wednesday to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. A la carte menu with Heirloom Corn Tortilla Station, Al Pastor Pizza, Wood Fired Nachos, Veggie & Pollo Enchiladas, Mango Chamoy Popsicles, $ 5 Shots, and more. Click here for more details and ticket prices.
ON THE STRIP
- Canonite, 2 p.m. – 10 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Party; Unlimited food and drink specialties (including 2 shots of Patron Silver per person).
- Seating times start at 2 p.m. and are limited to two hours. After purchasing your ticket, call the restaurant directly to secure your preferred seating time (702) 420-2561. The hotel is located in the Venetian, reservations are strongly encouraged
- Chayo Mexican Kitchen & Tequila BarCinco de Chayo all day; Food and drink specialties such as Mango Shrimp Ceviche and Zapata’s Paloma can be found here.
- Drai’s Beach Club & Night Club, 10 p.m., Cinco De Mayo at Drai’s after work; Wednesday May 5, 2021 at 3595 S Las Vegas Blvd., top of Cromwell.
- The second sun Fiesta until May 9th, Cinco de Mayo; Nosotros Tequila pouch bags, live music recordings and more. Click here for details.
- Hussongs Las Vegas, All day. Cinco de Mayo in the cantina; Live rock & roll mariachis and specials on the “Skinny Dippin ‘Margarita” for $ 12.95! The hotel is located in the shops on Mandalay Place. For more click here.
- The LINQ, Traditional food, margaritas and Mexican decor from 4am. Specials in various restaurants and drinks carts along the promenade.
- Favorite bistro – To celebrate the Cinco de Mayo, French cuisine with American flair will be presented and exclusive “Tacos a la French” will be offered together with the presented cocktail “Oui Oui Margarita”.
- ICEBEAR – The immersive bar, kept at a cool 23 degrees Fahrenheit, serves cocktails in glasses made entirely of ice. Guests can enjoy Cinco de Mayo specialty beverages including $ 8 Cazadero Silver Tequila, $ 8 Modelo Craft Micheladas, $ 30 buckets of Corona beer, and ICEBAR’s signature Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita for $ 20.
- Off the Strip Bistro + Bar – Off The Strip Bistro + Bar is open 24/7 and offers a one day festive menu
- Tilted Kilt – More than a pub and sports bar, visitors can celebrate Cinco de Mayo with specialty drinks, including $ 7 Patron and 1800 Tequila, $ 7 Modelo and Dos Equis Lager, and $ 8 Margaritas.
- The High Roller Observation Wheel is illuminated in green, white and red in honor of the holiday.
- Margaritaville, 5-8pm, Cinco de Mayo in Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville !; $ 5 traditional margaritas, $ 5 fries and salsa, and all-day happy hour specials on the Strip.
- ONE MORE Street Tacos & Spirits, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Cinco de Mayo; Guests can choose between 15 DOS tacos and a Dole Whip Margarita for $ 15. For more click here.