Paella Festival in Jaleo
Jaleo at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is again hosting its Paella Festival with three time-limited versions available through October 3rd. Arroz Meloso de Verduras and Setas, creamy rice with vegetables and mushrooms, are served daily and cost $ 50 for two to three people. The classic Valenciana Chicken, Rabbit, and Green Bean Paella is served Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and costs $ 26 for a full order or $ 13 for a half order. Arroz de Lagrima de Iberico de Bellota, with ribs from Iberico de Bellota meat and mushrooms, is served on Fridays and Saturdays and costs 45 USD for a full order, 22.50 USD for a half. Also: On October 4th, a multi-course paella festival dinner for two with seating at 5pm and 7pm will be offered for $ 150. Tickets at secretburger.com
Food popups at Fergusons
To celebrate the opening of the Market Shop, Ferguson’s downtown 1028 Fremont St. will host two rooftop grocers this weekend. Yaqui Zen serves vegan street food with tamales, tortas and jackfruit ceviche nachos from 10am until late on Saturday. Yukon Pizza and Sun Down Mushrooms offer wood-fired sourdough pizzas and mushrooms until 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Rumaway with Bahama Breeze
Bahama Breeze, 375 Hughes Center Drive, offers with its Rumaway Monday concert series weekly – at least virtually – weekly island excursions via the company’s Facebook Live, which are offered Mondays through October 12 from 4 p.m. The Rumtoberfest Party Pack for two with two starters , two starters, and a slice of key lime pie for $ 40. Add cocktails for $ 10 for two. bahamabreeze.com
Mexican spot as a replacement for Shiraz
Popular Indian, Pakistani and Persian restaurant Shiraz, which closed in response to the COVID-19 crisis, will not reopen. Instead, the space will be transformed into a new Mexican concept called Mariposa Cucina & Cocktails. Antonio Nunez from the stove and Lanny Chin from The Slanted Doors consult about its development and stay in their own restaurants. (The sloping door will still have to be opened after COVID-19 closes, however.) Robert Lomeli, who most recently ran the kitchen at Top of the World, will serve as Executive Chef. Look for Mariposa Cucina & Cocktails, which will debut this fall.
Learn to cook like wing lei
Wing Lei Chef Ming Yu at Wynn Las Vegas will demonstrate how to prepare favorite dishes like three-cup sea bass and wok noodles at the next Wynn Master Series session on Thursday lunchtime. It’s $ 95; Call 702-770-7070 or send an email to [email protected]
New vegetarian taco
The Taco Stand, 3616 W. Spring Mountain Road, has introduced a new vegetarian option, the mushroom taco. It combines seasoned mushrooms with grilled onions, avocado and salsa in a freshly made corn tortilla.
Coffee course at Sambalatte
Celebrating its 10th anniversary with the launch of two new blends, Sambalatte celebrates National Coffee Day on Tuesday with half price coffee all day (excluding extra intake, alternative milk, extra size, syrups and sauces). The company, which has three locations in southern Nevada, is planning a Coffee Academia with 90 minutes of cupping and tasting at the Boca Park location on October 6th at 5:00 p.m. sambalatte.com
Ethel M is approaching 40th.
In anticipation of its 40th anniversary next year, Ethel M Chocolates has introduced sleek packaging that gives its hometown a nod to the colors of the Mojave Desert. A new truffle collection with ganache in a chocolate bowl for a pleasant contrast in the textures consists of Kona espresso made of dark chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate vanilla, milk chocolate, dark chocolate honey and milk chocolate cinnamon can. ethelm.com
Here and there
– The Rooster Boy Cafe, 2620 Regatta Drive, has a take away menu to break the Yom Kippur fast. These include homemade gravlax, blintze, smoked white fish salad and noodle balls. Order by Sunday by calling 702-560-2453.
– The Guest Chef series at DW Bistro at The Gramercy will continue on October 3rd with increased smoke indoors and outdoors with “Top Chef” Bruce Kalman. It’s $ 65 and reservations are required; Please ask for price for children. dwbistro.com
– The Date Night Bundle in North Italia, 1069 S. Rampart Blvd., is available from October 14th to November 14th. 1. It contains two typical noodles, parmesan and garlic bread and a margarita or sangria to take away for $ 50. northitalia.com
– Another valley location for Marco’s Pizza opened on 110 N. Boulder Highway in Henderson, offering roadside pickup and contactless delivery.
– Graffiti Bao Masters Marc Marrone and Todd Lunger of Graffiti Hospitality teamed up with SkinnyFats on a Graffiti Bao in the HallPass Food Hall in Salt Lake City. Marrone will also be launching Hibachican, which combines teppanyaki and tartare with Mexican foods like tacos and aguachiles.
Contact Heidi Knapp Rinella at [email protected] Follow @HKRinella on Twitter. Staff writer Al Mancini contributed to this report.