The Las Vegas family dog ​​dies after being stung by dozens of African bees

LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Selia Garcia has to cry and think about what happened to her dog Brus.

He died after being stung by dozens of African bees, also known as killer bees, on Saturday afternoon in Las Vegas.

Garcia’s father and the one and a half year old Doberman pinscher were on the terrace when the bees arrived and they stung.

She says she came home about 30 minutes after the fatal encounter and tried to save her pet without knowing that bees could kill him. Garcia and one of her neighbors were also stung during the attempt.

She had to deliver the news to her daughter and the tears kept coming, even from her neighbors like Ramona Eubank, who says she saw some of these bees in her house too.

The neighbors say the beehive was not found and some bees are still in the area.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said at least 10 people have been stung since last weekend.

According to the LVFR, bees are provoked by vibrations and loud noises like air blowers. Therefore, it is important to take precautions during the bee swarming season.

If you encounter bees, don’t try to take them over on your own. Always keep your distance and if you find a beehive call animal inspection or a pest control company.

If you can’t get away from them, cover your head and shoulders. If you get stung, go inside or somewhere safe and call 911.

This story was originally published by Astrid Mendez at KTNV.

Comments are closed.