It is difficult to focus on anything other than nature when the weather is warm and the sun is shining. During spring in Las Vegas, we get plenty of both. So if Mother Nature asks you to come out and play, take the offer and experience different ways to enjoy the glorious weather.
1. Get feathers (702.822.7700) In this serene wildlife sanctuary, enjoy a lush botanical garden and abundant wildlife viewing opportunities, whether it’s the serene butterfly habitat or the desert tortoise habitat, where you’ll see Mojave Max, the mascot of the Mojave Desert ecosystem .
2. Top Golf Las Vegas (702.933.8458) Move over bowling. Challenge your friends to games where the farthest and most accurate shots get the most points. But even if you smell of golf, you’ll still have a great time here as you can enjoy delicious food and drink and incredible views of the Strip.
3. Red Rock Canyon (702.515.5350) One of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuaries in the country is here in our back yard, and the 13-mile loop is the most accessible way to see the expansive landscape. There are several viewpoints and hiking trails along the way that make for a fantastic getaway.
4. Lake Las Vegas water sports (702.600.9860) For a relaxing time on the water, rent a kayak, paddleboard, or electric boat and cruise along the lake. But if you really want to make a splash, strap on a flyboard waterjet package that will shoot you in the air with water propulsion.
5. Maverick Helicopters (702.261.0007) Would you like to take a quick trip to the Grand Canyon? The Wind Dancer Helicopter Tour offers the perfect opportunity. Once you reach the canyon, the helicopter lands on a private cliff 300 feet above the Colorado River, where you can enjoy light bites and explore.
6. Railroad Pass Trail (702.293.8990) Not only is this an easy flat trail with breathtaking views of Lake Mead, but it’s also steeped in history. The trail was used as a railroad for transporting materials to Hoover Dam during construction. In case you have a hard time imagining the scope of the project, the five huge tunnels along the path will help put it into perspective.
7. Stadium Swim at Circa (circalasvegas.com) Whether or not you think it’s the “best pool in history,” it’s definitely one of the coolest places to have a sunny day. There are six swimming pools on three levels, lounge chairs, cabanas, cocktails, snacks, and a 40-foot high HD screen.
8. Rail Explorers Las Vegas (877.833.8588) It’s hard to pay for a ride where you do all the work, but this 4-mile, pedal-powered train ride is downhill so you can enjoy the peaceful desert landscape and cool breezes as you take off Nevada State Railroad Museum taxi to Railroad Pass in Boulder City.
9. Vegas ATV Adventure (702.254.0770) If you are an adrenaline junkie you will love this exhilarating attraction. As you drive through the terrain that is part of the Mint 400, you will encounter jumps, sharp turns, and a long straight that allows you to accelerate and leave passengers in the dust.
Click here to get your free subscription to the weekly digital edition of Las Vegas Magazine, your guide to everything to do, hear, see, and experience in Southern Nevada. In addition to the latest edition emailed every week, you’ll find lots of great, money-saving deals on some of the most exciting attractions, restaurants, real estate, and more! Las Vegas Magazine is full of informative content such as restaurants, cocktails and attractions.